Friday, November 20, 2009

Thankful for New Memories


Today I am thankful for new memories we make... yesterday I found myself reminiscing in the olden days at Grandma & Grandpa's Christmas tree farm, which to me was what made Thanksgiving and Christmas... how I miss them! But  today I am thankful for the new memories we make as us "kids" from those days have started our own families. While I miss seeing grandma and grandpa's faces, the wonderful food (grandma's noodles & mashed potatoes, along with her deviled eggs, sugar cream pie, oh the list could go on for days), and the happiness and calmness we felt at their home during the "crazy" holidays, I am thankful for my children & our new home that we get to decorate for the first time this year. And even though the holidays stay crazy for us now, with much help from the inlaws, I still love this time of year. I can't wait to put up my tree in the big bay window in my frong living room where people can actually see it all lit up from the street! I will be doing outdoor decorations this year too, since hubby said he had too much else on his plate with the house to do it... so up the ladder I will go hanging lights and putting out my "winter wonderland."

No comments:

Post a Comment