Thursday, September 24, 2009

Counting Down... Excitement & Ideas Building

I'm counting down the days until we offically have our house. Just emailed the lender to see how things are going there, waiting for the gift from my dad for the down payment to arrive, gotta order the carpet by Oct 8 to get it on time, and need to schedule the movers, but I don't want to do too much before closing... Sitting still is boring... time is going too slow! We would have closed sooner, but I'm also waiting on my vacation leave payout from my old job on September 30th. So we're just waiting... waiting... waiting...


I have so many ideas for the house, I just can't wait to get started! I think the first project I'm most excited about is Andrew's new room. His old room at our house now is cars, and he's outgrown it and is all about superheroes now. I didn't want to do anything too "kiddish" b/c I don't want him to outgrow everything too soon. But the walls are already blue, so we don't have to paint that room other than touch up. I'm just going to put up wall stickers so when he does want something else, it won't be a difficult task to change it up. But we are going with Iron Man, 2 Transformers (Optimus & BumbleBee), Spiderman, & Batman. I was trying to figure out how to pull everything together, and I knew I didn't want to get just one character on his comforter, so we're going with a blue comforter, and multiple sheet sets with the different characters. The wall stickers are approximately 3 ft tall each, and they are massive. I think it's going to look really awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment